Monday, January 3, 2011

I *Heart* Walmart!

Anyone who knows me well KNOWS how much I LOVE Walmart. Most people don't take the time to look at their furniture because they think the pieces are cheap (which they are) and not very durable (which is true) BUT they are no more fragile then pieces you would find in Ikea, or West Elm. Actually you can find a lot of the signature pieces you would at both Ikea or West Elm at a FRACTION of the price at Walmart. for example...

The Parsons Desk...


Walmart's Parsons Desk - $49.00 (Shown in Rich Black)

Both have smooth sleek lines, similar design, and texture, BUT one is $149.00 cheaper. Having worked for furniture stores I can tell you the materials they are made from are the same, and will probably hold up for the same amount of time. Walmart's is a little smaller in design, but I think thats perfect for a New York apartment where you need all the space you can get...and at $49 you still have enough left over to complete the rest of your office area.

No comments:

Post a Comment